Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We Have A Winner (#2)!
Congratulations to L from itsalwayssomethinghouse.blogspot.com, for correctly identifying the plant as Clematis Jackmanii, also called "Jackman's Clemati". Wikipedia tells me it's a vine native to temperate climates, and that this particular variety is native to England. Apparently it's native blooming season is July - August (which makes me a bit nervous, since they appear to be doing just fine here in early May).

Thanks again for your helping us with our new found garden!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh yay! I WON!! Woo hoo! (Wait.. no trophy or gold medal?)

I think they flower earlier here because it usually gets so got in May. England's cooler I guess. Any other mystery plants? I am great with weeds - that tells you what kind of gardener I am!

YardbirdSax said...

Haha, yeah, sorry L, we don't really have a budget for rewards as of yet. I think being poor and owning an old house kinda go hand in hand!