Saturday, January 27, 2007

Well, here it is, my first blog post! Or at least, my first blog post on here. :)

Owning an old house is going to be an interesting experience. Already I've been covered in plaster, drywall dust, dirt, brick dust, and various other substances. I've crawled through tiny spaces that previously would have triggered my oh-so-mild case of claustrophobia, all in the name of a new electrical outlet (note: it was rather important to do so, since otherwise we lost power to the fridge if we wanted to turn the juice off for the second floor... go figure!).

Amy and I decided when we bought the house that we wanted to share our experiences of slowly fixing the house and making it our own. We're hoping for a solid mix of encouragement, how-to, and maybe even some good old fashioned commiserating at times! From reading the posts on the various other fixer-upper blogs on the net, it seems the task of repairing old houses is equally challenging and rewarding.

So sit back and enjoy our stories as we experience this love-hate relationship for the first (and hopefully not the last) time. We're certainly looking forward to it!

No comments: